Sunday, September 7, 2008

For New Etsy Sellers

Gratuitous Bunny photo


I was just introduced to the Promotions Forums on Etsy. I think some buyers lurk there, and some sellers say their sales are directly related to how much time they spend in the promo forums. Other sellers say they get views but no sales.

It goes at a fast pace, so I definitely won't go there at bedtime again. I might use it to wake up in the morning.

It's another tool.

We had a sale to Australia! It was the Japanese Kitten Kit, which had crepe fabric, patterns, and all the little details to make two pink and brown kittens. I'm really proud of all my global business.

I really like to buy American, because you should take care of your nearest family first. But...

Before I lived Elsewhere, I knew few people who had been out of N. America. Now I read in my alumni magazines of many, many people in this town who travel for several reasons. Though there may be a McDonald's where they visit, they can see the world through the eyes of people who are very different than they. A couple of excellent results obtain. (1) They widen their thinking. (2) By comparing themselves with people who are very different, they come to know themselves.

I respect global communication. Global economies scare me.

And in terms of respecting other cultures, let me just say that not all social mores are equal.

No comments: