Friday, December 26, 2008

Sister's Advice (Edit: and sisters')

My sister gave me some very good advice last night. She said, "Be good."

Matt. 19:16...there is none good but one, that is, God...

Matt. 5:46 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father in heaven is perfect. But according to Strong's, the Greek used for "perfect" means to be mature, or complete, and also always growing. Hmmm

I'm fond of saying that the only righteousness I have is that of my risen Lord, Jesus Christ. Today I looked for the scriptural authority for that (memory like a sieve).

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
--
II Corinthians 5:21

I'm working hard at following Sister's advice, but that work seems to consist of keeping my thoughts on God the Father and Jesus, His Son.

Edit: After posting I went over to the CAST forum on etsy, and found the (other) sisters discussing

Philippians 4:13 (King James Version)

13I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Coincidence?

No comments: