Friday, December 12, 2008

Full Moon

The full moon is partially obscured by clouds here. It's beautiful.

Have I told you I live in the house my aunt sold several decades ago? In this very room, in my young years, was a painting by a great aunt of a night scene lit by the moon. very nice

[Edit: hadn't realized, when first writing this, that the moon is closer to us than usual http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7779294.stm ]

In Japan I did a lot of walking at night, and was charmed by the little garden or back door lights. I liked the night, and decided that was because I could appreciate the light so much.

Enjoy the Light.

1 comment:

Gina - RoseThistleArtworks said...

I really liked your comment on how you like the night because you can appreciate the light so much more. :)

We admired the giant peachy moon, too, on our way back to the farm from being in town. Amazing.