Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Hello from Israel

Star of David

No, I'm still in Midwestern USA.

Last night I logged in to get live streaming from a Christian radio station in Kiryat Yam, Israel. It's IFBN. The minister, Paul Sherbow, said, as I logged on, "Hello to P____" welcome". I nearly had a heart attack.

It was thrilling.

He was speaking about Yom Kippur as a day to afflict oneself and pray to get right with God, to ask Him to show us our sins of the past year, presumably so we can repent of them.

I wonder if I could stand it. About ten years ago I went through a period of Bondage Breaking, when I asked God to reveal to me my sins so I could repent of them. It's rough.

Fortunately, I have salvation through our Lord, Jesus Christ. However, one of my bitternesses in the past was toward someone who had obviously wronged me and only said,"If I have offended you I apologize," never admitting the specific awfulness, and proclaiming belief in salvation. It didn't seem enough to me.

So, I have to use the same standard on myself. rough.

So why are my words in bold? I'm occasionally baffled by this piece of tech.

Judaically yours

No comments: