Friday, October 24, 2008

A Good Evening


Aside from all the things that make life good, like the gifts of the Father in a home, a loving husband, and salvation, I have hope today even for the etsy shop. Another of Mr. P's toy sets sold, this one to Prince Edward Island in Canada.

This sale is the farthest north and east that we've made. Well, the Earth is round, so maybe Japan and Australia are more north and more east, if you just go far enough.

In any case, we're pretty happy.



I've read on knitting blogs of projects being started several times, then ripped out to be started over. So, I know I'm not alone. I started the TB project four times. Of course, I didn't have much of a pattern to base it on. I also kept learning more about tuberculosis.

My cap knitting, and sometimes my mitten knitting, is also done freely, though not as beautiful as those items called"freeform." So, that cap I'm enjoying in the elegant color cutely named Tickle is now in its third life. The first one was too big, the second too small, and like baby bear's bed, this one is just right.

The major problem was that I forgot that I like to knit bulky yarn on size 13 needles, and started the first two times on 10's. Maybe I'd better keep notes.



The rabbit mittens, of course, will have a paper pattern. I've already sketched one to measure, and the next step is to arrange the sewing room, ah, I mean, studio, to take the onslaught of rabbit fur that accompanies the cutting. Fur everywhere! In the end, it involves a damp cloth.

No comments: