Saturday, June 23, 2012

Holiness

I usta consider people in holiness movements to be fallen prudes.  I'm becoming one.

 Matthew 5:48
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

I publicly confessed the following 3 sins Weds night.

!.  Gluttony
By the grace of God, His help, and Mr. P's advice, i have kept the calorie count down and continued to avoid late night eating.

2.  Sharp tongue
 Thoroughly lost it on this one.  try again.  It was during a gluttony attack. Didn't eat.

3.  Wanting to do my own thinng rather than be a good wife.
Amazingly easy to change this behavior.  I'd been out of the house for large chunks of time Thurs. offering  tracts as commodities were distributed, and then at the gym.  Mr. p felt deserted as I prepared to depart for coffee shop knitting, a highlight of my week.  I simply decided to stay home and keep him company.  easy, even fun

Have decided, with medical approval, to decrease some meds I take.  Wondering, was heartened to hear in 1 Cor 6:12
12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.


I've been encouraged to enter a pair of baby knickers in the county fair.  In my fit this afternoon,  when I forgot to choose to rejoice, I flailed about with "I have an MS!  I should knit for the fair!  And they won't sell and I'll give them away to some undeserving poor!"


Was chastised to hear in 1 Cor 8:1
Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.

Yeah, I know the words didn't mean what they do now, but once upon a time my idol was my diploma and loving little ones feeds me.  Yeah, I'm sort of out of context, but am extending the meaning.




1 comment:

J Honda said...

:D love you my Sister, In Christ -
we press toward the mark :)
phil 3:12-15