Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Installing the A C

BTW, friend called. We remember good times and agree to disagree.

Before I was married, whenever Sister or I had an a.c. to install, she would talk about getting some man to do it. I would say,"OH here, let me." and with a little help lifting, would do it. Well, Mr. P has installed a.c.'s three times in the last 12 years, but recently admitted he has a hard time doing hardware things now that he's blinder. I don't"help" well, either in standing around and waiting for him to need me with hardware, or in standing around a kitchen and waiting to be told what to beat or chop. It leads me in both cases to fantasies of beating and chopping. (Not, just kidding)

So, the last time an a.c. came into our home, I did it alone, but got overheated and all upset, and insisted on going out to dinner(Mr.P much, much prefers home cooking.) I think I increased my tranq too.

SO, since another a.c. has entered the house in a box, I've banished Mr. P to his reading room, turned on three fans in the room involved, and increased both the tranq and oral diabetes med. I'm doing it very slowly, a screw at a time, taking breaks to go on etsy forums and write a blog entry.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

Later: It cools just fine. You'd never know it's 87 F outside. Of course, I used a LOT of duct tape, but that's what it's for, isn't it?

The restaurant meal was delicious.

No comments: