Saturday, May 2, 2009

Kip Anthony Turner 1980-2009

computer guru in Oregon

son of my college friend Donna Haaland

my godson

i didn't know him, which was, of course, my fault.

I lean most positively toward baptism of those of a certain age (say 7 or older) but have come to understand that if those baptized as infants come to accept Jesus as LORD, then it took.

So I stood as sponsor, in 1981, and with five others, plus parents, promised to see that Kip would be raised as a Christian.

Then I went off to see the rest of the world.

I felt that my denomination failed me, and thus that God had failed me. I went through awful years when I did not call Jesus my Saviour.

When I married Mr. P in 1997 and became a most enthusiastic Christian (made an unfriend of a good Jewess) I got Donna's address and wrote to ask her what she would like me to do to fulfill my promise at Kip's baptism. She didn't answer.

Reading his obit today caused a lot of distress. I have no way of knowing, or of finding out, though I'm still trying to think of a way, if he became a Christian.

Interestingly, I had prayed for Kip recently, asking God to do one of His retroactive acts(since He's Eternal, it certainly is possible) and send someone into Kip's life to witness to him. Since Donna is Christian, probably Kip learned what he needed to learn to make his decision.

I pray that Heavenly Father will bless all who mourn Kip, and bless the children of Christians who are at risk for being too influenced by this world. In theName of Jesus Christ, Amen

No comments: