Sunday, September 2, 2012

A New Bible

It recently became difficult for me to use my Scofield KJV or John McA ESV while everyone else in the room used an NIV.  I intended to order a Zondervon NIV, Reflecting God, with essays developed for the Sal Army.  Well, the Capts were given copies in 2000 and Cpt Deborah doesn't use hers much.  She owns many Bibles. SHE GAVE ME HER BIBLE.

Many interesting thoughts propelled by scripture today:

Submit to Husband  This means without explaining to him why he is wrong, and without telling all our friends why he is wrong.  He already knows exactly what I think.  Be gracious.  God is.  Edit: After gently explaining to him why he is wrong.

Put on the armour

We are MEANT to be changed by HIM to be like HIM.

Let me be the exception to the rule that "People do not change."

God's law enlightens the simple.  I've seen this a lot recently (Ps 119 Pe)  May I be simple.

1 comment:

J Honda said...

Halleluiah and Amen :D yes - yes- yes!!!!Thank you Lord God Almighty, you provide our every need - And He is sufficient in all things