Friday, August 1, 2008

MSOE Team Challenges,etc.

I'm happily working on a set of items for the August challenge, which is microbiology, my favorite science. It's meant to hang on the wall. Or maybe ACEOs. Those are little trading card size pieces of art. As Andy Warhol said,"Art is anything you can get away with."

A couple of weeks ago, I looked at some issues of Art in America. People are getting away with a lot.

A different endeavor, an idea I think I'll discard, was an embroidered wall hanging:

This is a test.
Explain Life.
Be complete.
Be concise.

It was my nightmare in graduate school. I tried it out on fellow students, and they didn't seem to think it was funny. It tickled me.

So I tried it out on Mr. P. He gave a negative response. So I said to go ahead and try it. He said, "The Holy Bible." I said that's just the owner's manual. He agreed. He still didn't see the humor.

The funny part is the BE COMPLETE, BE CONCISE part. Sigh

No comments: